Read our booking terms
The Lampshade School is a small creative business, and our students are incredibly important to us. We always aim to create a friendly and professional environment to learn in, and build trusting relationships when we offer teaching.
This makes it vital that we have clear and sensible terms in place when you book onto one of our classes. It saves frustration and mis-understandings should life's trials get in the way.
For all our courses, payment is made in full on enrolment onto the course. Booking can be done online through this website. It is possible to pay for longer courses in two installments. If you would like to enquire about this, please email us. Thank you.
Here are our terms:
• It is stated clearly in the course details what materials and equipment is provided for use on the course and is included in the course fee. Additional materials such as lampshade frames and sundries can be purchased on the day.
• Should a student opt to use their own frame, rather than the one provided by the Lampshade School, the student will not be given, or a refund for, the frame they decided not to use.
• Course fees will not be refunded if a student cancels their place within 40 days of the start of the course. This term applies to all reasons for cancellation, including bereavement and illness.
While we have every empathy for students who cannot attend a course at the last minute through no fault of their own, we are not able to buffer this loss to our bookings.
• Once a place is booked, we do not offer the option to transfer this date to another course should a student not be able to attend.
• If a student cancels their place earlier than 40 days from the start of the course, the Lampshade School will endeavour to fill their place. If we succeed - and we will certainly try to - we will reimburse your deposit. That said, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to fill place and so cannot guarantee a refund. We will always do our best to be fair.
• Course fees will be refunded in full if a course is cancelled by the Lampshade School.
• The Lampshade School reserves the right to cancel or alter course dates and will always aim to offer plenty of notice in this unlikely event.
• Students should be aware that these courses require an element of bending and standing and are expected to take responsibility for their own safety and ability to work.
All of the courses and learn-from-home kits provided by the Lampshade School have been devised, researched and developed as original work by Joanna, and are based on many years of independent research. They are original in content, and are not generic methods. Permission is not given for lessons to be copied or re-used as teaching methods anywhere else. Many thanks for your consideration.
By submitting the application form and/or making payment you confirm that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions.